George Monck, 1st Duke of Albemarle. Date circa 1665-66. View the Image »

A c.1917 view of the Georgetown County Courthouse. The building was constructed in 1824 by Russell Warren, who used a design by Robert Mills. Mills was a state engineer and architect at that time. View the Image »

This massive, four-story structure housed the Georgetown Rice Milling Co. within the corporate limits of Georgetown. The company was established in 1879 as a joint stock co. with an investment of $60,000. This mill and the Waverly Mill on Waccamaw Neck together pounded about 350,000 bushels of rice in 1902. This pounding mill was located at the foot of Wood St. on the Sampit River. A replica of the mill is on display at The Rice Museum. The mill was destroyed by fire during the 1940's. View the Image »