Handwritten note on back of photo: "Glass factory, Laurens, by Bill King." ca. 1935-1940 View the Image »

The use of the springs as a cure and resort began in the 1830s, and the Glenn Springs Hotel heyday was in the late 1800s until the early 20th century. The springs are named after John B. Glenn who was the first to offer lodging for guests. Water from the spring was bottled here and shipped around the world as a cure for many ailments and as a means for maintaining health. View the Image »