This massive, four-story structure housed the Georgetown Rice Milling Co. within the corporate limits of Georgetown. The company was established in 1879 as a joint stock co. with an investment of $60,000. This mill and the Waverly Mill on Waccamaw Neck together pounded about 350,000 bushels of rice in 1902. This pounding mill was located at the foot of Wood St. on the Sampit River. A replica of the mill is on display at The Rice Museum. The mill was destroyed by fire during the 1940's.
Morgan, William D., 1853-1938
Georgetown County Library
Georgetown County Digital Library
IN COPYRIGHT - NON-COMMERCIAL USE PERMITTED
This Rights Statement can be used only for copyrighted Items for which the organization making the Item available is the rights-holder or has been explicitly authorized by the rights-holder(s) to allow third parties to use the Work for non-commercial purposes without obtaining permission first.