Mary Camilla Judson was ‘Lady Principle’ of Greenville Woman’s College from 1874-1910. An advocate of equal education for women, she taught nearly every subject over the course of her 37-year career. She is the sister of Charles Hallette Judson and a Charter Member of the Furman University Hall of Fame.
A red-brick, three-story Italianate Villa structure completed in May 1858. In 1864, Charles H. Judson became president of the Greenville Baptist Female College, and remained president until 1878. His sister, Mary Camilla Judson, was a great asset to the school. She taught briefly in the 1860s, but returned for good in 1874. In 1876, she became female principal of the College, and remained in that position until 1912.