Bethel A. M. E. Church, which was founded in Georgetown in 1865, has a proud religious tradition. The plot of land where the brick sanctuary, seen in this photo, stands today is land acquired in January 1866. The first sanctuary was built across Duke Street from this church on the lot where the present church parsonage is situated. In 1882 a large wooden sanctuary was erected on the location of the present church. Further improvements were made in 1908 when the church building was remodeled and brick veneered. Some of the outstanding ministers of the African Methodist Episcopal Church were ministers of Bethel Church.
Duncan Methodist Church on the corner of Highmarket and Orange Streets, Georgetown.